Thursday, February 5, 2015

Every Girl Link-Up || Valentine Touches

Valentine's Decor

Good morning! I missed my post yesterday because I got hit with some kind of bug, but thankfully I feel fine and recovered now! I've been excited about today--the next installment of Astleigh's and my "Every Girl Link-Up". The topic is Valentine Touches! We are sharing our Valentine's decor from around our homes. If you have a blog and a love for decorating, please link up at the end of the post! I can't wait to see all of your pink and red touches. :) 



Valentine's Decor

First off, I purchased this grapevine wreath from Michael's for $5. I simply cut out paper hearts and stuck them around the twigs. It's a perfect addition to our front door!

Valentine's Decor

On our brown kraft paper roll, I taped on paper chevrons, and then I used chalk to draw an arrow.

Valentine's Decor

Last year, I sewed this bunting with fabric scraps from my grandmother's collection.

DSC_4985
Valentine's Decor

You all know I love decorating my mantel for holidays and parties! It's one of the only spaces I have left that the boys can't reach and destroy! This is the left side, above the built-in bookshelves.

Valentine's Decor

I put a random gathering of sticks (from the yard) in an old watering can. Then I glued pink hearts onto the sticks. I love how it turned out :)

Valentine's DecorValentine's DecorValentine's Decor

For the floating frames, I designed two prints from the verse John 15:12. On Sunday, Nolan's Sunday School teacher, Miss Michele, asked Nolan to recite his memory verse for me. He said, "Love each other as I have loved you." It was the cutest thing ever. And I knew it would be perfect for a Valentine's message on our walls. Scroll down for the FREE printables, if you're interested!

Valentine's Decor

This is the right side of the mantel. Milk glass is so versatile for holidays. We're thinking about painting our walls gray, and that would really make the collection pop!

Valentine's Decor

Pink flowers = My go-to for Valentine's Day decor.

Valentine's DecorValentine's Decor

Heart candy = my other go-to.

Valentine's Decor

A pink nod to my hometown :)

Valentine's Decor
Valentine's Decor

Writing on a chalkboard is not easy, even with a chalkboard marker, but I'm working on my cursive... There are already chalk scribbles all over this from Nolan, so it won't be lasting for the next nine days :)

For the prints below, right click and save to your computer. Then print at home or on cardstock at Staples (8x10).


And for the Every Girl Link-Up - Grab our graphic and add your link below!
Hill Collection


Check out the rest of the blogs too! I know Astleigh has a rustic console table that makes me swoon every time she decorates it!

Note: We are linking up again next Thursday (2.12) with all CHOCOLATE recipes!




Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

  1. I love all your Valentine's touches Rachel! Where is your brown craft paper roll from? My little artists would love that! And Dove Dark Chocolates, yum!! :)

    Amy
    littlebitsofourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your touches! Especially the little pink hearts on things. Great job with that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO IN LOVE - with everything. just my style!!! amazing. love the garland and tree - the prints- everything. thank you for sharing and for hosting! and that arrow on the butcher paper- where did you buy the roll? I see it in your post and LOVE it. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, your decorations are so presh! I am so far behind but you've given me such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your decorations! They are the sweetest! And I love the hearts on the branches! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your decorations! Love your wreath and heart decorated branches. I may try this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...