Thursday, November 27, 2014

thankful


Happy Thanksgiving from this little guy on his first turkey holiday!

I am so very thankful that he joined us this year, and has brought immeasurably more joy into our lives.

I am so very thankful for his loud, energetic, adventurous older brother, who keeps me on my toes all day long.

I am thankful for their daddy, who complements me so perfectly. He is always ready with advice, perspective, or encouragement. And he calls me beautiful on days when I feel nothing of the sort.

I am thankful for a God who continues to forgive my mistakes, even when I make the same ones over and over. His mercies are new every morning, and I will continue to listen to His plan for my life.

I am thankful for my entire extended family. It is not easy for me to be so far away on holidays, and I hope they know that my heart is right there with them.

I am thankful for the many friends in my life. Again, I live at a distance from the majority of them, but I share in their excitement over their marriages, new babies, and job opportunities. I can’t wait for future reunions!

I am thankful for our cozy house that accommodates us so well, for the pantry full of food, for our silly dog, for snow-laced trees, hazelnut coffee, warm winter scarves, and all good things that I take for granted.

 DSC_1488DSC_1515

H A P P Y   T H A N K S G I V I N G!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...