Thursday, July 31, 2014

DIY “out of the blue” care package

Stephen is the high school youth leader at our tiny church. At the moment, he only has a few girls in the group, and some of those girls left on Sunday for a week of church camp. I thought that it would be nice to surprise them with a care package! We didn’t mail it (it would be $$), so we just sent it in the van with them when they left. Stephen and I were counselors at this camp (where our love story began) and I remember that it was always fun to binge on caloric snacks with all the girls in the cabin :)



Included
: (All bought at Walmart)

1. Pringles “Salt & Vinegar” chips
2. Chex Mix, Original
3. Pringles Stix in “Sugar Cookie”
4. Hostess Ding Dongs
5. NutriGrain Blueberry bars
6. Dove Milk Chocolate
7. Gatorade Cool Blue 12-pack
8. 3 packages of 3 blue kitchen spoons for . . .
9. . . . playing “Spoons” with the deck of Bicycle playing cards
10. Kleenex box
11. Sally Hansen “Hard as Nails” in Blue Flame (or Blue Me Away)
12. Journals—for the girls to write down memories, thoughts, prayers
13. Orbit Wintermint gum
14. Glow-in-the-dark bracelets
15. Jolly Rancher hard candies
16. Oreos

This idea was sparked, in part, from the Box of Sunshine I posted a couple of weeks ago!


3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! So sweet of you to think of those girls! I must do one of these boxes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I may have to do this for my cousin who loves blue and will be a college freshman this fall. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I know the girls loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...