Monday, February 17, 2014

favorite things


Linking up with Andrea and Erika again to share a few of my favorite things under $10 :) This is my food edition . . .
 
When I was in the hospital after having Nolan, I was super thirsty and craved a smoothie. My mom went to the grocery store for me and brought back this delicious strawberry-banana drink. I started drinking it in the middle of the night when I was feeding Nolan and eventually I couldn’t go a morning without it. I’ve been addicted for 2.5 years now. :) It’s really similar to “Naked”, but slightly cheaper. And obviously it has huge health benefits because it contains so much fruit.


This Land ‘O Lakes hot chocolate is wonderful. I’ve tried all kinds of cocoa—Swiss Miss, Nestle, Starbucks, even Ghirardelli—but this is the brand I prefer. I drink it nightly.

DSC_3300
I’m not a big fan of cafeteria food, so when I was at the hospital after Ephraim was born, I sent Steve out to Sheetz (the convenience store) for some snacks. I wanted a meal replacement bar that was filling and healthy. This Clif Bar has 10 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and contains high daily percentages of calcium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin E, etc. I eat one every night when I wake up and feed Ephraim at 3 or 4. It gives me something to look forward to when my sleep is interrupted. And then I don’t get hungry before breakfast. Women still need to take in a good amount of calories when nursing.
 
My mom went grocery shopping for us a couple weeks ago and bought us these S’mores nut and granola mixes. I’m not a big fan of eating nuts, but these are like candy.

The prices I gave are all from Walmart. If you haven’t tried any of these, go ahead and pick one (or all four) up at the store. Let me know what you think! :)

13 comments:

  1. That smoothie looks so good! I eat breakfast on the go most mornings and this looks fabulous!!! Thanks for linking up, girly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for anything s'mores related! I will be trying that snack mix! Thanks Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from the link up! I LOVE Bolthouse Farms smoothies! They have so many yummy flavors and I always feel better after drinking one. I love trail mix type goodies so I will definitely have to check out the nut & granola mix. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the smoothies looks the yummiest!! I'm going to have to try those! Love seeing your goodies!! Congrats on that new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to your blog from Andrea's this morning.......went grocery shopping this afternoon and got one of those smoothie's.....oh.my.word....delicious and so filling.....and it was 1.98 at my Wal-Mart....yeah.....just had to come back and tell you how good it was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Clif bars are great! I eat half of one for my mid-morning snack at one - just enough to tie me over til lunch. LOVE the chocolate chip and peanut butter one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you blogging with a newborn and a toddler?! I love all your goodies and eat them too!! Ephraim is beautiful and you look amazing. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE smoothies! I always get supermarket brands as the main ones are so expensive. Innocent smoothies are about £3 for 1lr here, but you can get the Tesco brand for £1. Bargain!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the link up! :) I am adding at least three of these to my next grocery list. I used to have the Emerald breakfast mixes almost daily, but I didn't know they had a Smores blend! Yum!

    Amy
    littlebitsofourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That smoothly looks fabulous, I will for sure be trying that. The nut bags are great, I always have the in my purse and car for food "emergencies" (aka husband may melt if he doesn't eat NOW!) .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the exact same way in the middle if the night. I have to have a snack if it's close to 4 or 5 or I can't make it to breakfast. I also est a cliff bar, but I like the peanut butter crunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those all look yummy, but I am in LOVE with those nuts/granola packets! I had no idea they has a smores flavor!! I must try those! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...