Wednesday, October 30, 2013

mint cocoa

mint cocoa This mint hot cocoa is SUPER easy and VERY rich. It’s like drinking a melted candy bar. I found this recipe next to a display for Nestle Toll House’s “Winter” Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels (like this Dark Chocolate & Mint No-Bake Cheesecake I posted a few weeks ago). I tweaked it just a little bit. If you don’t want the mint flavor, you could just use regular milk chocolate or semi-sweet morsels instead.

Ingredients:
1 (12 fl. oz) can evaporated milk
5 ounces (about one cup) Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Heat evaporated milk, morsels, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.

Pour into five 4-ounce demitasse cups or two mugs. Optional: top with whipped cream. 

land o lakes cocoa
And if you’re looking just to buy some really good hot chocolate, I have been drinking this Land O Lakes Chocolate Supreme cocoa every night for weeks. It really is amazing. ($3.98 at Walmart.)

6 comments:

  1. Delicious! My daughter loves mint chocolate anything, so I will have to make this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and mint morsels?! What is this devilry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about chocolate with mint, so I'm definitely going to make this the next time it's supposed to get cold and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like drinking a melted candy bar? Yes please! This sounds delicious, can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. That sounds like the best hot chocolate I have ever heard of. Seriously, you find the most delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...