Tuesday, November 6, 2012

raspberry custard kuchen


My Aunt Meg made us this amazing Raspberry Custard Kuchen (pronounced koo-kin) dessert a few summers ago, and I was so impressed with how fresh and delicious it is! You can tell that it's made from scratch, and the crust tastes like the most amazing pie crust you've ever had. The topping is creamy and soft with a burst of raspberry flavor. It's one of my favorite summer desserts, especially when it's served a la mode!

Ingredients:

1  1/2 cups flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 Tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups fresh raspberries (I used a 12 ounce container)

For the topping:

1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in whipping cream, and pat into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.

Combine the sugar and remaining flour and sprinkle over the crust. 



Arrange raspberries over the crust.


For the topping, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour over the berries.


Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, or chilled. (It's delicious with a scoop of vanilla on top!)

Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy. I have to try to make it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love raspberries, I need to try making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kuchen, it reminds me of being in my grandmas kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, Rachel! Just wanted to leave you a friendly little reminder that you're the winner of the fry sauce giveaway -- I'm pretty excited for you to get to try it. ;) Just send me an email at mrskittymitch@gmail.com with your mailing address, and I'll get your goodies on their way to you! Thanks again for stopping by and entering!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...